[Nfb-web] Webinar Investigation

Arnold Bailey arnoldbail at gmail.com
Tue Oct 28 14:12:54 UTC 2008

Hi Mike,

The strongpoint of webinar software is the tools that are provided to the
presenter/instructor and the audience. Seminars and course instruction are
the main applications.

Skype is excellent(and free) for telephony. It provides the vehicle; but,
not the tools. Our chapter does use telephone conferencing fairly often.

There is an underlying issue though that Peter noted. The lack of PC
access/knowledge by the general membership. That is what I was addressing
with our chapter technology mailing list. The chapter president predict 1-2
persons would join. We are now up to 10 (in a couple weeks). I believe each
chapter should actively promote and encourage each member to learn and get
access to a PC and Internet. As part of that strategy we should, at the
affiliate and national level, provide programs that will demonstrate the
importance the Internet is to employability and quality of life for it's
membership.

As an example, I did a google search and found this entry:

"AFB is pleased to offer several new training options for NIMAS capacity
building. One will be a new webinar, "Implement NIMAS in the Individualized
Education Program (IEP) and Build New State Strategies," on October 21,
2008. We will be joined by Vicki Hershman, PATINS State Project Director
(Indiana), and Joy Zabala, Project Manager, AIM Consortium at CAST. To
download the link to the webinar, visit www.afb.org/nimas.asp. Here you can
also view the June 2008 webinar, "Leverage your NIMAS Resources.""

Arnold