[Nfb-web] EdSharp

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Mon Jan 12 02:05:32 UTC 2009

You should write to Jamal at empower at smart.net or get him on the phone.  I
would guess there is a problem with various Unicode characters, particularly
since material saved from MS Word can have troublesome smart quotes, em
dashes, etc. in the HTML content.  Check what character set you are
declaring at the tops of your web pages, such as Windows 1252, ISO 8859-1 or
UTF-8.  One behavior of Ultraedit that we dealt with at NLS was that if the
character set was declared to be UTF-8, UltraEdit would put a "byte order
mark" at the beginning of the file, and some XML processors didn't like that
three-byte sequence.

BTW, you are welcome to come to a Sligo Creek Chapter meeting some time.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls