[Nfb-web] need help

Everett Gavel e.gavel at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jul 24 18:53:04 UTC 2009

Hi Hina, and All,

Welcome to the list, Hina.

There are tons of free web space providers out there.  Just go to
www.google.com and search the phrase, "free web sites."

You can buy a domain name (YourNameOfChoice.com) for under $10, just about
anywhere.  I know others can recommend many other companies, but if you
currently have no real idea where to go to buy a domain name, I'll suggest
starting at www.GoDaddy.com.  There are plenty of opinions on such
companies, of course, because they are a dime a dozen.  They're everywhere,
just like the free hosting sites.

When you buy a domain name you usually get some free web space to put up a
site under that domain name if you want. Otherwise you'd just make the
domain name 'forward' to wherever you end up hosting your site. With most
free hosting, you'll have the host, such as www.tripod.com, putting a bunch
of ads at the top and bottom of each of your Web pages.  It's fairly ugly,
but so common anymore it's tolerated and even expected.

With most free hosting sites you have an option to pay a few bucks a month
to get rid of all those ads.  It's then, of course, no longer a free site,
but it looks better.  As an example, I recently started paying Tripod.com
$4.95 per month for hosting and got rid of all the ads on my pages at
www.everettgavel.com, my freelance writing site.

Regarding templates, you can also find a ton of free templates out there by
once again going to a search engine such as Google.com and searching the
phrase, "free web site templates" or something similar.  Stick with basic
HTML and CSS templates and everything should be easily accessible.

Not sure what you want to put up online, and I'm not looking to burst
anyone's bubble, but you might search out a phrase or two regarding whatever
it is you're thinking of offering up to the masses.  Because there may well
be a plethora of the same information already available.  If so, you could
then perhaps focus on some area of information that would be more useful and
usable by the people, rather than recreating the wheel, y'know?  Just
something to consider.

Strive On!
Everett

------------------------------
my name is hina altaf and i am new to the list.
I am interested in making my  own web page and need to know any accessible
templates. does anyone have good web site creating softwares?
is there a way i could get a free domain to host my site?
all help will be very much appreciated.
hina.

actually it is a personal site.
but i want to make it accessible for blind users. it will be with useful
resources and other information on the site.
hina.