[Nfb-web] Off to China

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Tue Jul 28 11:17:25 UTC 2009

Hi Folks:

I am sending this message to those of you who either moderate a list
or lists on nfbnet.org, or who have web sites hosted on our
server.  I am also copying the nfb-web list, to make sure I haven't
missed anyone.

I am off to China in a couple hours, and will be gone for about a
week -- returning next Monday afternoon.  I am advising a Chinese
charity on starting a nationwide radio reading service for the blind
-- they are talking about serving 3 million blind people.  It is a
very interesting opportunity, and will probably mean several
trips.  Barbara Pierce has asked me to write something for Monitor.

Anyway, the lists have been pretty quiet lately, and the server has
been working better, and the connection has been ok.  Let's keep our
fingers crossed.

I have asked Mike Freeman and Steve Jacobson to keep an eye on
things, as they used to do, but am not making a big formal turning
over of power to them.  It doesn't seem necessary.  If you have a
problem you can write them at steve.jacobson at visi.com or k7uij at panix.com

I will have a computer with me, and am told there will be Internet
connectivity.  We shall see how much time I have etc.

For you web site people, if you need something major done, you will
have to wait until next week -- sorry.  If there is a problem I will
also have my cell phone 612-730-7931 and and I am told it should work
-- although I have gotten conflicting information.

If necessary, I can arrange to have server rebooted, or DSL modem reset.

That about does it -- see you all ext week.

Dave