[Nfb-web] Recording of Seminars, Convention Meetings, Etc.

Bryan Schulz b.schulz at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 8 20:40:09 UTC 2009

hi Everett,

i am willing to share my experience of what works or didn't work but have
found initial shared information hard to come by.

I knew what the standard connections are like and there will be a half
circle of three pins which is the xlr male microphone socket located low on
the wall and you connect the correct cable from that to a microphone located
on the podium stand.
the volume control and testing is usually done by a hotel staff person.

i said just do ... because i would only carry a splitter, the receiver, and
the wireless microphone all the way to detroit instead of an entire setup
when each internet connection is $150 so the recordings will have to be
listened to after the meeting/convention.

the 2x xlr male to 1x xlr female splitter will allow the podium microphone
to plug into the wall socket as usual and also allow the cable from the
wireless receiver box to be connected to the wall so the audience comments
also will be heard through the speakers in the ceiling.

Bryan Schulz
The BEST Solution
www.best-acts.com