[Nfb-web] Small Outages

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Fri Mar 20 15:17:09 UTC 2009

Hi:

As you may recall, I reported a little over a week ago that the
nfbnet.org server was experiencing brief, but repeated
unavailability.  The DSL line, that connects us to the Internet was
being dropped, for no apparent reason.  QWEST decided that I needed a
new DSL modem, and since the thing was about 8 years old, I agreed.

I did get it, and after the usual problems it worked.  However, we
are still experiencing outages.  I am trying to resolve the issue,
and will keep you informed.  I am sorry it took me a couple days to
decide there were problems still -- I was also having computer
problems at home so was diverted, and not accessing system via the
DSL line at home, so didn't notice as quickly as I would previously.

I will keep you posted.

Dave

David Andrews and white cane Harry.