[Nfb-web] Test Site Question About Drupal

Michael Hansen mhansen4 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 29 04:06:03 UTC 2009

Joe,

What Everett posted is very true, and I to have only ever installed
drupal manually. Now more directly to your question, a test site is
simply a second website that you do not advertise to the public. It is
an exact duplicate of your public site that you can try things out on
with out taking the risk of crashing your public site.

For example:
Public Site:   http://www.nfb-web.nfb.org
Test Site:    http://test.nfb-web.nfb.org

In the near future I will be performing a upgrade of thw webmasters
site from Drupal 6.9 to Drupal 6.10. I will first do that upgrade on
the test site to make sure it goes smoothly.

You can down load the latest version of drupal here:
http://drupal.org/project/drupal

And you can download add on modules to drupal here:
http://drupal.org/project/Modules
I specifically encourage you to install: Backup and Migrate
http://drupal.org/project/backup_migrate

Let me know if I didn't answer something you are interested in or if
you have other questions.

Mike
---
Mike Hansen