[Nfb-web] JAWS and Page Refresh

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Sat May 2 19:37:21 UTC 2009

Hello all,

Forgive the cross-post.  I don't know which list would be better suited to
answer the question, but I am running JAWS 10, latest update, with Firefox
3.0.  Often I am encountering situations where clicking on a new browser
page does not automatically refresh the page in JAWS.  For instance, let's
say I type a search string into Google.  I am notified that the new page has
been loaded, but using my arrows I am still looking at the old content.
Only through a page refresh am I able to see the results of my search.  It's
as if JAWS cannot keep up with the browser and needs a nudge to get it
going.  It's only mildly frustrating, but I wonder if there is a setting I
could check or uncheck to try to keep the speech in sync with the display?

Joe Orozco

"A man who wants to lead the orchestra must turn his back on the
crowd."--Max Lucado

database 4049 (20090501) __________

http://www.eset.com