[Nfb-web] Accessible Podcatcher

Peter Donahue pdonahue1 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jun 8 16:52:21 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

    I'm curious to know what podcast aggregators folks are using these days
that are blind-friendly. I've been using a fairly good one for some time but
it has its drawbacks. For one thing it doesn't allow you to play video
podcasts (Vodcasts.) It's also prone to technical problems. I tried updating
it last night only to encounter problems with getting the installation to
complete.

    I have iTunes on all of our computers but it has one serious drawback
where saving downloaded podcasts is concerned; the inability to tell the
program in to which folders one wishes to have podcasts saved. We receive
lots of podcasts and have each one saved in its own folder. We would like to
find a podcatcher that will in addition to its other features play both
audio and video podcasts and allow you to specify folders to which
downloaded podcasts are to be saved. Any suggestions will be very much
appreciated.

Peter Donahue

"Will you come and awake our lost land from its slumber
      And her fetters we'll break, links that long are encumbered.
      And the air will resound with hosannas to greet you
      On the shore will be found gallant Irishmen to greet you."
Will You Come to the Bower
Traditional Irish Folk Song