[Nfb-web] Braille Notetaker Survey

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Mon Nov 1 12:49:24 UTC 2010

One of the things I would like to of seen in the survey was a question about
how often we use these devices to create and collaborate on documents.  When
I pay $6000 for device, I want to be able to take my colleagues Microsoft
Word document, read it, make revisions, and return it to her with the belief
that it will contain all of the formatting attributes it had when she sent
it to me and will only reflect my changes which she can either judge is good
or bad.  I don't want the issue of not modifying the document directly in
Microsoft Word to be the thing which makes the Braille notetaker unusable.
These are fantastic machines for editing and for reading from a transcript.
They are wonderful units for quickly taking notes and for being able to go
back over them while you are in a session.  But they can be so much more!