[Nfb-web] VPS and Cloud Computing

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sun Feb 27 01:31:48 UTC 2011

Good evening everyone,

    I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience using virtual private
servers, dedicated servers or cloud computing services? I'm having to find
another host for some of my Web sites and am exploring the use of a VPS or
using a cloud computing service. Since I'm just scratching the surface of
these Web hosting alternatives any suggestions and feedback will be very
much appreciated. The biggest obstacle I'm running up against with moving to
a VPS, a dedicated server or a cloud environment is the price. If I had
income coming from more paying customers to defray the $150.00 per month
cost for one of these services this wouldn't be an issue. I have come across
cheaper VPS hosting so the search goes on. Cloud services are priced
differently due to the scailable nature of this type of hosting. It's pretty
much a "Pay as you go" model. If I can find one that fits our current budget
perhaps I should take one for a test-drive. I'll look forward to hearing
everyone's thoughts. .

Peter Donahue who is looking forward to putting the NFB in the clouds.
"Will you come and awake our lost land from its slumber
      And her fetters we'll break, links that long are encumbered.
      And the air will resound with hosannas to greet you
      On the shore will be found gallant Irishmen to greet you."
Will You Come to the Bower
Traditional Irish Folk Song