[Nfb-web] What is a Captcha and are their viable alternatives?

Gary Wunder GWunder at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 9 14:25:59 UTC 2011

I would be  interested in finding someone who can write about this issue of
the captcha. Most of us here know the problem, but I suspect the term is not
familiar to many readers of the Monitor.  Beyond the problems they cause for
us, is anyone up to the challenge of looking at the technology businesses
can employ to avoid using them? This part of the discussion would also need
to be written in terms a layperson could understand.

If you are interested in taking a whack at such an article, please write me
off list.  I'm not looking for 13 submissions and 12 disappointed writers.
I don't know if this is something we can do, but I think it could be very
educational for those who have never heard the word, and those looking for
an alternative to propose to businesses who want to ensure they are dealing
with humans.

Gary