[Nfb-web] Alt Text for Embedded YouTube Videos

Don Bomer (Tex) dbomer at txwinet.com
Fri Sep 2 01:26:41 UTC 2011

Greetings

I Know I Haven't been around for a while but I need help!

I am working on a new website for my wife Ellen and I want to embed YouTube videos of several news interviews of her that were recorded shorftly after Bin Laden was killed. Embedding the videos isn't a problem as YouTube provides the code for every file.  However, they now use IFrames rather than the less secure Object, Embed method and I can find no way to add Alt Text to the embedded videos.

Has anyone seen a solution to this problem? I'd sure like to know the answer.

Here is the functional snippet of my code. I tried tseveral methods but can't get JAWS to say anything between the IFrame and /IFrame tags:

<head>
<title>In the Media</title>

</head>
<h1>In the Media</h1>
 <iframe width="499" height="284" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G6kbGSzN5Fg" frameborder="0">
  [Your user agent does not support frames or is currently configured not to display frames. However, you may visit
  <A href="http://www.youtube.com/embed/G6kbGSzN5Fg"> to view Ellen's Interview on KXAN TV, NBC Austin Texas.]</A>
  <iframe width="499" height="284" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gCrmEfpobuI" frameborder="0">
  [Your user agent does not support frames or is currently configured not to display frames. However, you may visit
  <A href="http://www.youtube.com/embed/gCrmEfpobuI"> to view Ellen's Interview on KVUE TV, ABC Austin Texas.]</A>
 <iframe width="500" height="375" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ht_0HnZgei4?rel=0" frameborder="0">Ellen's Interview on KVUE TV, ABC Austin Texas</iframe>

Thanks and warm regards,

Don Bomer