[Nfb-web] Alt Text for Embedded YouTube Videos

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Fri Sep 2 15:08:44 UTC 2011

Good morning everyone,

    Why not just place the videos directly on the same server as the site
itself? You can then create hyper links to allow visitors to access the
videos directly from the site instead of uTube.

 uTube is a great place to store videos but I wouldn't want visitors seeing
some of the obnoxious and distracting adds they display. Some of them are
rather explicit. When I build a Web site for a client their audio or video
content goes directly on the same server as their Web site. If they want it
on uTube I'll do that too but not without first posting it on the server as
their site. If you visited the NFB Web sites you'll see that this is exactly
how this is done. If disk space is an issue you can purchess additional
space if needed to accommodate these files due to their size. Hope this
helps.

Peter Donahue