[Nfb-web] css question

Littlefield, Tyler tyler at tysdomain.com
Sun Dec 22 16:52:54 UTC 2013

A member of his staff? This tool makes me laugh every time he opens his
piehole.

bryan:
CSS is pretty tricky if you're blind--especially since parts of it don't
actually work on certain browsers, etc etc. If I could help I certainly
would, but it took me and a friend quite a while to get the CSS all
worked out for my site. You have a couple solutions though that may not
be optimal, but hopefully they're better than paying some "rates."
1) You could join the css channel on irc.freenode.net. If you explain
what your issue is and that you're blind, most people will be 10000%
willing to help. Obviously it's not a card you want to play hard, but if
you just mention "hey I'm blind and trying to do this, it's not working
as expected, here's the code, here's the site in operation" with links
then you're set.
2) You could join a webdev forum and provide the code on a pastebin and
the links (most web hosts have the forums where you can ask questions),
while also explaining that you are blind and you will get help there as
well. I've used the former when we couldn't get something working just
right and the latter I know works fine.
HTH,