[Nfb-web] NFB Drupal User Group

Michael Hansen mhansen4 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 26 18:28:44 UTC 2013

Peter,

My only concern is that there be an identified need for this. Making a
group just because there isn't one there yet usually isn't the best
idea, We get lots of defunct unused groups that way. In this case it
would be a defunct unsed group with our name on it.

If you think that the group would have a lot of use and that there is
a need for a seperate list outside of this list then I would say go
for it.

Mike
NFB of Nebraska

On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 9:11 AM, Peter Donahue <pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com> wrote:
> Good morning everyone,
>
>     Last night I set up a personal account on the Drupal Web Site and
> browsed the list of user groups listed in the Drupal Community Forum. There
> are Drupal Groups for just about everything imaginable. Some deal with
> Drupal-specific topics such as Drupal modules, content development,
> templates and theaming, project management, etc. Others are of particular
> interest to those  in a particular geographic area (San Antonio Texas for
> example), or a specific Drupal users, educators, health professionals, the
> scientific community, the hospitality industry, you name it!Any aspect of
> Drupal you wish to find like-minded individuals to discuss relevant issues
> with chances are there's a Drupal Group/Camp for it.
>
>     While exploring the group listings I observed that there is no user
> group for blind Drupal developers and users. Having an NFB group for blind
> Drupal developers would give us a presence in the Drupal community, allow us
> to reach out to other blind Drupal enthusiasts,  and would enable us to
> connect with those involved in various Drupal-related projects to insure
> that new modules, utilities, and developments are usable and doable by the
> blind. If Mr. Chairman wishes me to do so I'll be glad to create an NFB
> group in the Drupal Community for this purpose. I'm suggesting this given
> all of the recent discussion about Drupal that has occurred over the past
> few days. If folks feel this would benefit us and with Mr. Chairman's
> approval I'd be glad to get an NFB Drupal group created in their community.
> All the best.
>
>   Peter Donahue
>
>  “No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper.”
> Isaiah 54:17
>
>  “While for our princes they prepare
> In caverns deep a burning snare,
> He shot from heaven a piercing ray,