[Nfb-web] Online Convention Registration and Payment

Michael Hansen mhansen4 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 1 00:26:54 UTC 2013

The NFB of Nebraska has been using a Drupal Online Store Module called
Ubercart to do our convention registration for several years. This has
worked very well. It allows flexibility so that individuals can choose what
meals they want to attend and what they want to eat and it adjusts the
registration cost appropriately.

We still have to take the registration info and put it into another
database that we use to track membership contact information, meal counts,
session registration counts, etc....

By using Ubercart / Paypal we have a very clean audit trail as to what
people are registering for in-case there are any questions or problems
later on.

One thing that I would encourage everyone to do is go through the process
of setting up a paypal account for your affiliate. DO NOT use someone's
personal Pay Pal account for your convention registration.

Mike

--
Mike Hansen