[Nfb-web] Assistance needed

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Fri Oct 21 19:23:39 UTC 2016

My personal opinion is that messages like, "we noticed your site isn't
ranked on the first page of Google" are mostly spam.  They are selling
services that you probably don't need.

Key words are just the search terms that people type into Google or other
search engine.  Really basic key words like "blindness" are going to have
millions of search results and it is unlikely that you will ever rank in the
top 10 for that one.  It isn't necessary though.  Focus on the long tail key
words like, "blindness organizations in New Jersey".  There are a lot fewer
competing sites so the likelihood of ranking goes way up.  It's also closer
to what your site is about, which will match what the person is looking for,
creating a better user experience.

To rank well for relevant, long tail key words the basic formula is to
create a content rich site.  Google has an amazingly complex algorithm for
ranking sites.  You can play the Google SEO game, but you will lose because
about the time you figure out a piece of it, they will change it.  However,
what Google wants is a quality search experience for its users, which means
when someone types in a search term the sites that come up should have the
information the searcher is seeking.  This is your content rich site.

There are also factors like updating regularly, allowing ample time to move
up in rankings, your volume of visitors, what sites link to yours, what you
link out to and so on. If you want cheap, easy to do, then I'd suggest a lot
of content that is put out on a regular basis and then promoting it to
anyone who will listen through Facebook, blogs or whatever...and being
patient.  It takes time.

Good luck!
Julie
New lowered price on my book:
Courage to Dare: A Blind Woman's Quest to Train her Own Guide Dog
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00QXZSMOC