[Nfb-web] looking for NFB web site security patch and online registration guidance

Starry Sky Starry_sky at live.com
Thu Apr 18 16:17:12 UTC 2019

Hi Graham,

Suggestion #1 is to get into the practice of creating a backup of the entire site before making any changes so that you can roll back the changes if anything goes wrong.  Suggestion #2 is setting up scheduled backups if not already done.  Suggestion #3 is to ensure any patches have been reviewed and tested by the Drupal community before installing.  Since you are starting new, it is better to follow the lead of seasoned users than be the trailblazer.  Just because a patch exists does not mean it must be installed so you should understand what the patch is supposed to do and what it could affect.  Drupal is an open source platform so anyone can create and contribute but all the pieces and parts may not have been tested against each other so one could break the other.

Not sure if you are referring to updating the Drupal platform or installed modules/plugins but you should be able to make updates through the user admin interface.  Drupal has a pretty large community of users so try reaching out to a local group for ongoing assistance.  Depending on your region, some communities also put on an annual Drupal Camp to share info and insights.

Hope this helps~