[NFB-Web] Drupal 9

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Tue Jun 16 16:28:03 UTC 2020

Hi, has anyone successfully installed Drupal 9? I attempted to upgrade from
Drupal 8, but I kept receiving generic error messages that told me nothing
about what specifically was wrong with the new installation. There was no
custom code to prepare for the new installation, and I thought Drupal 9
would automatically remove any code deprecations. My only other hypothesis
was the lack of a proper environment. My web host will not let me update
MariaDB to 10.3, and despite changing the PHP version to 7.3, the web host
system seems stuck at 7.2. I see Acquia developed a driver for backward
compatibility, but the path they lay out to install the driver files does
not match the path I see in my Drupal 9 package. Can anyone shed light? I'm
testing the newer CMS on my own personal site before asking my affiliate's
webmaster to similarly authorize the update on our affiliate site, but I
don't want to move them off D 7 until I can firmly put them on a path to D
9. Thank you kindly in advance for any assistance you can provide.

Joe