[Nfb_of_georgia] NFBGA Black Tie White Cane Appreciation Banquet

Anil Lewis NFBGA alewis at nfbga.org
Tue Oct 20 13:54:14 UTC 2009

Black tie - White Cane Appreciation Banquet

"A Journey Of Love"

"Becoming The Change We Want The World To See"

We are truly excited to have Ms. Bernardine Mitchell as the keynote
performance for our event this year.  A dynamic vocalist and stage actress,
Bernardine Mitchell will be performing a one woman show, "A Journey of
Love."  The theme, "Becoming the Change We Want the World to See" has
special meaning as our affiliate continues to develop programs and services
to meet the specific needs of blind people having the desire to be truly
independent.

This is the Eighth Annual Black Tie/White Cane Appreciation Banquet hosted
by the National Federation of the Blind of Georgia.  The banquet is our
defining educational and fundraising event and has been titled to denote
style and purpose.  The black tie is symbolic of the prestige and dignity
that blind people strive to attain in a society notably indifferent to both
the needs and aspirations of its blind citizens.  The white cane is a tool
used by the blind to travel independently as contributing, productive
members of the community and is recognized everywhere as a symbol of
independence.

The event will be held on Saturday, October 31, 2009, at the Holiday Inn
Select Conference Center Decatur from 6:30 to Midnight.

6:30 Reception & Silent Auction
7:30 Dinner
8:00 Award Ceremony
9:00 Bernardine Mitchell, "A Journey of Love"
10:00 After Party

Individual tickets to this event can be purchased for $60 per person.
Sponsors are encouraged to use tickets as rewards for members of their
organization that have demonstrated outstanding community service over the
past year.  Also, tickets can be donated back to the NFB of Georgia and will
be used to assist blind and visually impaired persons to attend the event.
Please visit us on the web at  <http://WWW.NFBGA.ORG> WWW.NFBGA.ORG, OR
contact our office AT 404-371-1000, for tickets and sponsorship
opportunities.

Mr. Anil Lewis, President
National Federation of the Blind of Georgia, Inc.
"Everyday People Living Life Every Day"

315 West Ponce de Leon Avenue
Suite 1020
Decatur, Georgia 30030