[Nfb_of_georgia] SB66

Stancil Tootle stootle at nfbga.org
Thu Feb 19 12:04:04 UTC 2015

One more time sorry bout that.

We thank all who had planned on attending the Atlanta Seminar. See you next year.
One of the topics that was on the agenda was information on SB66. This bill would create a governors task force on blind and visually impaired people.
We had a very productive meeting with Senator Lester Jackson one of the cosponsors of the bill. He needs our help to make SB66 reality.  We need 32 senators to sign on to the bill. So call your senator and ask them to support SB66 with the amendments. If you don't know your senator you can go to www.senate.ga.gov.

This task force would report to the governor about all services and agencies which serve blind people in GA. If you think things in GA for the blind can use some improvements call your senator in Atlanta ask them to support SB66 with the amendments. This is important so share with all and if they the contact info please share.
This is moving us in the right direction.
Thanks

Stancil Tootle  1st  Vice-President,
Legislative Chairman.
315 W. Ponce De Leon Ave.