[NFB_of_Georgia] Seeking Your Support for Georgia State Affiliate President

Dorothy Griffin dlc_griffin at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 4 19:29:27 UTC 2018

Hello Federation Family.

   I would like to begin with telling you a little background of my NFB service.  I have been a member of the Atlanta Metropolitan Chapter since 1998.   When I first joined I served as secretary, then moved into the fundraiser chair person and second vice president.  I am now the current president of the chapter where I along with my members have grown a falling membership back to 49 members and growing.  I am a active member of the diabetes and senior division, active on the senior APP committee (Activity Program Planning Committee), as well as one of the outreach managers for the NFB Newsline Service where I do quite a bit of public speaking.

   I currently serve as your state affiliate secretary where most of you know me.  Many of you have talked with me as I answered many questions, help with concerns you have, and I have helped a lot of members register for convention.

    My degree is in education, my work experiences involved teaching, administrative work.  During my career I have developed the necessary leadership skills, and the communication skills required to lead by example.  I believe in being a team player, and in the principle of “Each One, Teach One”.

    As president it is vital that our programs and policies further our goals of the NFB Georgia State Affiliate for ALL our members.  With my customer service skills, and my love for helping people, I spend hours daily talking, informing, advising and sometimes teaching members.  This teaching comes in the form of telephone calls, emails, texts and other forms of technology.

     Patience, communication, completing tasks, and being a team player are some of my greatest gifts.  I AM A FAITHFUL DOER!

     I can truly say that I fully believe in the NFB being an advocacy organization and that legislation is an important part and I also agree our children and students is our future, but is it our only?  What about our in between age groups and senior citizens?

     I believe that the advancement of all our members are just as important where training is imperative.

      With technology becoming a large part of our daily lives, our seniors also need help with being able to be productive members of society, with the sending of emails, texts or just using adaptable cell phones.

      Our members, young adults that want to work need advocates that will help them become employable.  I some innovative ideas that may help with entry level opportunities.

      Thus I believe that I have shown outstanding leadership skills, accountability, transparency and integrity to earn your support in my quest to become the next Georgia State Affiliate President.  I thank you for your support!

Dorothy Griffin - Secretary

NFB Georgia State Affiliate

Atlanta Metro Chapter - President

Ph:  770-374-4832