[NFB_of_Georgia] GA Tech Research Study Regarding Accessible Voting Machines

Marcia Layne Robinson emarcirobinson at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 03:15:45 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,

Please see the announcement below:
Georgia Tech is seeking people with disabilities to participate in a
research study that is investigating the usability and accessibility of a
voting machine. If you’re eligible and would like to participate, we’ll ask
you to come to our lab space here on Georgia Tech campus. We’ll have you
test out a voting machine, and then ask you some questions about it. The
entire session will take up to two hours and you will receive $25 an hour
for your time.

To be eligible to participate, you must be a United States Citizen over the
age of 18. We are seeking individuals who meet any of the following
criteria:

·      Low vision: Individuals who rely on optical aids or other devices to
visually access content.

·      Blind: Individuals who have limited or no functional vision who
access content with the use of screen reading technology.

·      Limited mobility: Individuals using wheelchairs or scooters.

If you meet these requirements and would like to participate, please reach
out to John Rempel by email at jrempel3 at gatech.eduor by phone at
404-894-7669. Thank you.

Marcia Robinson