[NFB_of_Georgia] NFB GA 2019 State Convention - The Excitement is Building!!

emarcirobinson at gmail.com emarcirobinson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 24 16:34:17 UTC 2019

Hello Everyone,

The momentum and excitement is building as we draw closer to the NFB of Georgia 2019 State Convention being held at the Double Tree by Hilton Hotel in the historic city of Augusta, Georgia on October 4 through 6, 2019.

As you may or may not know, this year our national representative is going to be Ever Lee Hairston who is not only a member of the NFB National Board, but she is also an author, Mentor and Public Speaker. Her book “Blind Ambition: One Woman’s Journey to Greatness Despite Her Blindness” is truly intriguing and inspiring and is a true testimony of the ability of an African American woman from the Deep South to achieve success despite one’s disability of blindness. She was also featured in a documentary several years ago produced by “60 Minutes” which chronicled the Hairston Family.

I encourage everyone if you have not done so already, to read her book and if possible, read it before convention. It is available on the BARD website titled ”Blind ambition: one woman’s journey to greatness despite her blindness DBC 01886. Even if you are unable to attend this year’s convention, you will find this book truly inspiring and one to keep in your library.

I look forward to seeing you at convention!!

Blessings,

Marcia Robinson
Board Member, NFB GA Affiliate
770-862-0718 (cell)
emarcirobinson at gmail.com

“Vision goes beyond physical sight; it is the ability to conceive what you want to achieve and pursue that goal to fruition.” Marcia Layne Robinson