[NFB_of_Georgia] Voting Information I Thought You May Be Interested IN

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Mon Aug 31 21:07:52 UTC 2020

*Here is some information I received from my state representative.  I left
out any non accessible images and contact information that applied to my
district.  Use whatever applies to you and share.*

*Greetings! *

*The Secretary of State just launched its live paperless portal
<https://beeforgeorgia.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6d82812cb32a313c6f7446c30&id=ab04a0af93&e=537ad1626d>
to submit your application to vote-by-mail. *

   - *In order to use it, you must submit your driver's license number, or
   state ID number. This enables you to apply without submitting a signature.*
   -
   - *Once you submit your application, you will receive a
   printable/savable PDF with a time stamp. You will also receive an e-mail to
   confirm the receipt of your application.*
   -

   - *The application will automatically be forwarded to your local
   elections board. The first round of ballots will be issued around Sept.
   19/20, 2020.  *
   -
   - *You might notice a link to the special election to be held on Sept.
   29, 2020 to fill the unexpired term left vacated by Congressman John Lewis.
   The person elected will serve until the end of 2020. You will also see the
   5th Congressional race on the November ballot. This is for the two-year
   term beginning January 2021. The Democratic candidate is Senator Nikema
   Williams. Please note you must send a separate vote-by-mail application for
   this election, using the old Secretary of State website.
   <https://beeforgeorgia.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6d82812cb32a313c6f7446c30&id=d1d9cef120&e=537ad1626d>*
   -
   - *Once you receive your ballot, search for the approved drop boxes
   <https://beeforgeorgia.us16.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6d82812cb32a313c6f7446c30&id=1a2198c0a4&e=537ad1626d>
   in your area. If you send through USPS, please use two 1st class stamps and
   mail at least two weeks before the election.*
   -
   - *If you meet any of the conditions below (elderly, disabled, overseas
   voter), you have the option of checking the box to automatically receive an
   absentee ballot for every election in this subsequent cycle. In this
   particular case, you would automatically receive a ballot for any elections
   that would go into a run-off. *

   - *If you have already mailed or e-mailed your application to
   vote-by-mail, you do not have to resubmit through the portal.*
   -
   - *Critical election dates include:*
      - *Deadline to register to vote, or change your voter registration:
      October 5, 2020*
      - *Early in-person voting begins on October 12, 2020*
      - *In-person Election Day voting: November 3, 2020*
      -

dgriffin at nfbga.org