[NFB_of_Georgia] Fwd: Congratulations to Dr. Sachin Pavithran

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Tue Dec 8 20:43:56 UTC 2020

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: National Federation of the Blind <webmaster at nfb.org>
Date: Tue, Dec 8, 2020 at 1:00 PM
Subject: Congratulations to Dr. Sachin Pavithran
To: NFBGA Atlanta Metro Chapter <dgriffin at nfbga.org>

[image: National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life you
want] <http://nfb.org>

*FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE*
*National Federation of the Blind congratulates Dr. Sachin Pavithran*
*Experienced
Accessibility Advocate to Head Access Board*

*Baltimore, Maryland (December 7, 2020):* The National Federation of the
Blind, America’s civil rights organization of the blind, today
congratulated Dr. Sachin D. Pavithran, who has just been appointed as the
new executive director of the United States Access Board.

“Dr. Pavithran has distinguished himself as a practical, thoughtful, and
passionate leader in disability policy for many years, as evidenced by his
excellent advocacy for accessibility through his work as policy director of
the Center for Persons with Disabilities at Utah State University, his
membership on the Access Board, his participation in our own research and
development committee, and more,” said Mark Riccobono, President of the
National Federation of the Blind. “I am glad to call him a friend and
continue to draw on his expertise, knowing him to be an individual of
considerable talent, vision, and integrity. We are proud that he will be
the first blind person to lead the Access Board’s continuing work to
promote equal access for all people with disabilities.”

###
*About the National Federation of the Blind*

The National Federation of the Blind (NFB), headquartered in Baltimore, is
the oldest and largest nationwide organization of blind Americans. Founded
in 1940, the NFB consists of affiliates, chapters, and divisions in the
fifty states, Washington DC, and Puerto Rico. The NFB defends the rights of
blind people of all ages and provides information and support to families
with blind children, older Americans who are losing vision, and more. We
believe in the hopes and dreams of blind people and work together to
transform them into reality. Learn more about our many programs and
initiatives at www.nfb.org
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19368&qid=4666151>.
*CONTACT:*

Chris Danielsen
Director of Public Relations
National Federation of the Blind
(410) 659-9314, extension 2330
(410) 262-1281 (Cell)
cdanielsen at nfb.org
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19369&qid=4666151>

[image: Facebook Logo]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19370&qid=4666151>
[image:
Twitter Logo]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19371&qid=4666151>
[image:
Instagram Logo]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19372&qid=4666151>
[image:
YouTube Logo]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19373&qid=4666151>
[image:
Email Icon Image]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19374&qid=4666151>
[image:
Donate to the NFB Icon.]
<https://www.nfb.org/libraries/civicrm/extern/url.php?u=19375&qid=4666151>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/200+E+Wells+Street+%7C+Baltimore,+MD+21230?entry=gmail&source=g>
| 410-659-9314
Unsubscribe
<https://www.nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=15620&qid=4666151&h=f93c58532767a23d>