[NFB_of_Georgia] Please Be Ware of Scamming Emails

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Fri Jan 17 20:33:41 UTC 2020

Hello NFB of Georgia members, It has come to my attention that someone is
emailing members disguising themselves as me requesting that you purchase
gift cards per my request.  The email will tell you that I will reimburse
you.  Please be aware that this is not me.  I will never send you an email
requesting that you purchase anything with the promise of being reimbursed
unless I have had a conversation with you first.  There should always be a
signature line at the bottom of all my email with my information and some
type of NFB message.  If you receive any emails with a financial request
and we have not had a conversation, please do not respond to it and call me
to let me know. Please share with your chapter & division members.   I do
have the email address but will not publicize it because I do not know who
it is or where it would take you if you click on it.  I plan to submit it
to the authorities if they can do anything about it at all.  Thank you for
your cooperation in this matter.

dgriffin at nfbga.org