[NFB_of_Georgia] Announcing NFB of GA Day at the Capitol - March 17, 2020

gaikens at nfbga.org gaikens at nfbga.org
Sat Mar 7 01:27:22 UTC 2020

Hello NFB of GA friends and family,

I'm writing to let you know that we have set the date and time for this
year's NFB of GA day at the capitol. We will be meeting on Tuesday, March
17. Meeting space in the capitol building and the Coverdell office building
was extremely limited this legislative session so we will be gathering
across the street at Central Presbyterian Church before moving over to the
capitol to speak with our elected officials.

Here are the details for the day:

9:00-11:00 AM - Gather to learn about and discuss key legislative issues for
the blind community, including accessible voting, improving education for
blind students, and ensuring access to quality training for adults who are
blind in Georgia.

Location: Central Presbyterian Church

201 Washington Street, SW

Atlanta, GA 30303

11:00 AM-2:00 PM - Cross the street to the capitol and Coverdell office
building to meet with your elected officials in the Georgia Assembly. Since
we do not have a piece of legislation that is active in either the House or
the Senate, we strongly suggest you make an appointment to meet with your
Representative and Senator to discuss the key issues important to the blind
community. One of the items we hope to accomplish is finding potential
sponsors for a bill to strengthen the educational rights of blind children.

If you need assistance figuring out who your elected officials are you can
reach out to your fellow NFB of GA members or visit www.openstates.org
<http://www.openstates.org>  and look up the information using your street
address. Please let us know if you would like help scheduling an
appointment.

Let us know if you have any questions and be on the lookout with more
details about the day.

Please spread the word!

Greg Aikens

Legislative Director