[NFB_of_Georgia] Fwd: Giving $20 Goes a Long Way—It’s a Win Win

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Wed Apr 14 21:04:02 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: National Federation of the Blind <outreach at nfb.org>
Date: Wed, Apr 14, 2021 at 3:15 PM
Subject: Giving $20 Goes a Long Way—It’s a Win Win
To: Dorothy Griffin <dgriffin at nfbga.org>

[image: National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life you
want] <http://nfb.org>
Enter to Win and Change Lives

Each year, thousands of Federation members and friends make donations to
fund our great programs. Your continued support is needed. When you
participate in the Give $20 campaign
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20749&qid=5145995> you will be
entered into the Give $20 Convention Drawing AND help our work to change
lives for people like Annie:

*My name is Annie Ascher, and I am a recipient of the Kenneth Jernigan
Convention Scholarship. Initially, I was overwhelmed until I met my mentors
from my state affiliate. My mentors helped me understand and overcome my
fears in a warm and supportive manner. They taught me that I could be
independent and live the life I want. Through my first national convention
experience and the relationships I built through that experience, I have
come a long way. Today, I serve as my chapter president in Virginia Beach,
mentor other first-timers, and share our positive philosophy with others. I
am proud to state I am a military Veteran and a proud member of the
National Federation of the Blind.*

Each $20 Donation Is a Chance to Win

Your name will be placed in the drawing for each increment of $20 you give.
Give $100 and you will be entered into the drawing five times. This was
previously called the Kenneth Jernigan Convention Drawing and winners
receive a free trip to next year’s convention or a cash prize of $2,000.
The winner of the drawing will be announced July 10, 2021 at the banquet.

   - Donate online now
   <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20750&qid=5145995>.
   - Donate via phone by calling our donation line at Call 410-659-9314,
   extension 2282.
   - Send a check to National Federation of the Blind Jernigan Institute,
   200 East Wells Street Baltimore, MD 21230. Important: Be sure to have “Give
   20” and the fund you are donating to in the memo.

The Give $20 Convention Drawing Supports the Following Funds:

   - *Kenneth Jernigan Fund:* The proceeds from this fund are used to bring
   a number of attendees to their first national convention. It is named in
   honor of our former president and longtime leader to promote attendance at
   the national convention, where so much inspiration and learning occur.
   - *SUN Fund:* These funds are being set aside in the event that they are
   needed to support the Federation during difficult times.
   - *White Cane Fund: *These dollars go directly to the general treasury
   of the Federation.
   - *tenBroek Fund:* These dollars go to the tenBroek Memorial Fund which
   owns the property at 200 East Wells *at Jernigan Place* in Baltimore for
   the benefit of blind people.

Attend the 2021 National Convention

*Stronger Together: Transforming and Unifying Our Future. *It’s the largest
event of the year. Learn more and register to attend at nfb.org/convention
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20751&qid=5145995>.

Thank you for your support!

[image: Facebook Logo]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20752&qid=5145995> [image: Twitter
Logo] <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20753&qid=5145995> [image:
Instagram Logo]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20754&qid=5145995> [image:
YouTube Logo] <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20755&qid=5145995> [image:
Email Icon Image]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20756&qid=5145995> [image:
Donate to the NFB Icon.]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=20757&qid=5145995>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314
Unsubscribe
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=16435&qid=5145995&h=6a3b6d1670b27fc7>
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=16435&qid=5145995&h=6a3b6d1670b27fc7>