[NFB_of_Georgia] Fwd: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] Fwd: Celebration of Freedom Veteran Call

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Fri Apr 30 04:58:10 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: David Andrews via State-Affiliate-Leadership-List <
state-affiliate-leadership-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 12:35 AM
Subject: [State-Affiliate-Leadership-List] Fwd: Celebration of Freedom
Veteran Call

Greetings Federation Family,

I hope you are all looking forward to our annual convention, I know I am!
As the President of the National Association of Blind Veterans I am once
again honored with organizing the Celebration of Freedom.  A point in the
program where we take a few moments to honor all of our veterans.  This
year we would like as many veterans to participate as possible.  We hope to
receive an audio recording of each of them introducing themselves and
giving us a short glimpse of their service.  I hope all affiliate and
division leaders can spread the word and assist veterans who might have
difficulty in creating an audio recording.  What we need No Later Than June
6 th is a ten second recording of them providing the following
information.

Name

Rank

Service

Retirement status or years of service

Where they served (if they think it appropriate)

Location where they are now

And anything they want to say (just keep it under ten seconds)

Please include a transcript in your email so we can include it in the
closed-captioned portion of the program.

For example, mine would be something like

Vernon Humphrey President of the NABV, Master Sergeant US Army retired, I
served in various medical facilities and humanitarian aid missions.
Columbus, Georgia.

We have noticed that we have some veterans who have served in other
countries, we hope to include them in this program too.  Please pass this
on to the Veterans in your affiliates and divisions.

Email all audio clips along with a transcript to: mr_president at nabv.org

Cordially,

Vern

Vernon F. Humphrey PhD
MSG, US Army (R)
President National Association of Blind Veterans

“Each of us is in essence like a rubber band ball. Culture is developed
as if adding one rubber band after another. Some rubber bands are wide and
comforting; some are thin, tight and painful, with a variety of sizes
in-between adding to the construction. Each new rubber band changes the
mass, density and dimension of the ball and how it will react to outside
stimuli, just as the layers of culture change how we as humans react to
situations.â€