[NFB_of_Georgia] Are you looking to be a candidate in the 2021 NFB of Georgia Affiliate Election

plewis at nfbga.org plewis at nfbga.org
Mon Aug 2 19:03:09 UTC 2021

Good Afternoon NFB of Georgia Members

It is time for the 2021 NFB of Georgia Affiliate Board Elections, during
this year's convention we have all eleven seats open. I am sending out this
message to ask if any of our members will be planning to seek any of the
following Board positions, President, Vice President, 2nd Vice President,
Secretary, Treasurer or one of the six Board seats that we will fill.

We plan to use the Excite platform that we used last year to process the
election. With the use of this platform, we are required to submit all names
of those who will be seeking to run for a seat this election by September 1,
2021.  If you have ever been a part of an election held during a Zoom
platform meeting, then you know how difficult this can be and how much time
and effort that this takes to host. So as much information that we have in
advance will be greatly appreciated.

Therefore, I am reaching out to you to ask if you are intending to run for a
seat during this year's election. WE will still be taking nominations from
the floor for each position at the time of the election, but we would like
to know as many of the candidates in advance so we can keep the voting
moving as smoothly as possible. This process takes up a lot of time because
each name nominated must be entered into the system at the time of
nominations before each voting can take place, this can be very time
consuming. Also please remember that to run for a seat on our Affiliate
Board you must be a valid member of the NFB of Georgia and in good standing.

We will also be hosting several Candidate forums so that We can hear from
each of the candidates before conducting the election. Before we schedule
the first of several forums, we need to know the name of as many Candidates
as possible. If you already know that you are intending to run for a seat on
this year's Affiliate Board, please provide me your name, email address,
phone number and the Chapter or Division in which you belong,  as quickly as
possible after receiving this message. Please also let me know if you have
any questions or concerns.

Let me thank you all in advance for your cooperation.

Patrice Lewis

Phone: 678-756-3757

Email: plewis at nfbga.org <mailto:plewis at nfbga.org>

Patrice Lewis