[NFB_of_Georgia] Virtual Washington Seminar - Please respond by Friday, Jan 15

gaikens at nfbga.org gaikens at nfbga.org
Mon Jan 11 22:53:16 UTC 2021

Dear NFB of GA family,

I hope you are all well and staying safe during these crazy times.

I'm writing to invite you to participate in our virtual Washington Seminar,
happening February 9-11, 2021. As you may know, each year we generally go up
to Washington D.C. to meet with our legislators to discuss the issues most
relevant to the blind community. This year, due to concerns over COVID 19,
we will be holding our meetings virtually.

While this is disappointing because we don't get to be in the capitol,
seeing our legislators face to face, the upside is that many more people
will be able to participate because you can do so from the comfort of your
own home.

The topics we will be discussing with our elected officials include the
Assistive Technology Affordability Act (promoting economic opportunities),
accessible home medical devices, accessible websites, and civil
rights/access to voting for blind people. I will share more info as it
becomes available.

If you are interested in attending a virtual meeting with your members of
congress in February via Zoom, please let me know by this Friday, January 15
so we can add you to a team.

If you have experience attending Washington Seminar in person and feel
confident enough to lead a team in a meeting, please let me know that too.

Please share this info with members of your chapter who may not be
subscribed to this email list.

When you respond to my email, please send me the following:

*	Your name
*	Whether you feel comfortable leading a meeting
*	Your congressional district
*	If you don't know your congressional district, please send me your
address.

Please let me know what questions you have.

Sincerely,

Greg Aikens

Legislative Director

 <http://www.nfbga.org/> National Federation of the Blind of Georgia