[NFB_of_Georgia] Fwd: [Chapter-Presidents] Final Reminder: NFBNJ Registration is still open for blind, vision impaired and Deafblind individuals to attend our upcomingTechnology Workshop set for Saturday, June 26 from 10 AM to 1 PM

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Wed Jun 23 15:06:17 UTC 2021

--------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Linda Melendez via Chapter-Presidents <chapter-presidents at nfbnet.org>
Date: Tue, Jun 22, 2021 at 10:52 PM
Subject: [Chapter-Presidents] Final Reminder: NFBNJ Registration is still
open for blind, vision impaired and Deafblind individuals to attend our
upcomingTechnology Workshop set for Saturday, June 26 from 10 AM to 1 PM

Greetings all,

Please share this invitation far and wide with the blind, low vision and
deafblind community to register for the NFBNJ Technology Workshop being
held via Zoom on Saturday, June 26 from 10 AM to 1 PM. Relay Conference
Captioning will be provided; see details below.

Warmly,
Linda Melendez, President
Email: president at nfbnj.org
*Website: **www.nfbnj.org* <http://www.nfbnj.org/>

****
All blind, low vision and Deafblind individuals can register now for our
free Technology Workshop being held on June 26 from 10 AM. to 1 PM. You
bring your own brunch and we’ll provide worthwhile technology tips, tricks
and how-to's using voice over that will help you become more productive and
independent.

The event is free and sponsored by

the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Association of Blind
Technology Users (NJABTU). But you must register as participation is
limited. As in-person NFBNJ gatherings still are not possible, we’ll be
presenting using the Zoom platform. Your answers to the questions on the
registration form will help us tailor the training to meet your needs.

Again all are invited

Zoom participation and Relay Conference Captioning details will be provided
to registered   participants shortly.

Click on the link below to register

https://www.nfbnj.org/technology-seminar-registration

 *Agenda*
The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey Technology Workshop;
Sponsored by NJABTU
Date: Saturday, June 26, 2021
Time: 10 AM to 1 PM (Eastern Time)

This technology workshop will be recorded and posted at www.nfbnj.org

Door prize opportunities will be available throughout the fair and you must
be present to win!

expectations of blind people because low expectations create obstacles
between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life you want!
Agenda 10:00 AM: Welcome and Opening Remarks

Linda Melendez, President of the National Federation of the Blind of New
Jersey (NFBNJ) and Jane Degenshein, Division President
10:05 AM Using Zoom and Zoom Commands - Part 1

Tony Santiago, Division Vice President
10:20 AM, Zoom - Part 2 Using history to log into zoom and adding your name
for recognition when on zoom

Tracy Carcione, Division Member
10:25 Creating calendar events, including Zoom meetings, using Siri and
email

Rick Fox, Division Member
10:40 Creating and Adding Contacts to I-Devices and recent feature
available in the phone app

Annemarie Cooke, Division Treasurer

10:50 Email; composing, replying, forwarding, and sorting

Rick Fox, Division Member
11:05 Flagging email messages

Mary Jo Partyka, Division Secretary
11:10 AM Delving into IOS Accessibility Settings

Matt Vollbrecht, the Tech Juggernaut
11:50  PM IOS Health App

Tony Santiago, Division Vice President
12:05 PM Seeing AI; the all in one app

Andy Smith, Division Board Member
12:25 PM Helpful Resources Apps, websites, and podcasts

Tony Santiago, Division Vice President
12:40 The Tips App

Jane Degenshein, Division President
12:45 PM Top email questions

Answered by our panel of presenters
1:00 Closing Remarks

Linda Melendez, President of the National Federation of the Blind of New
Jersey (NFBNJ)

Jane Degenshein, President, Technology Division

Resources:Linda Melendez, President

president at nfbnj.org
www.nfbnj.org

Jane Degenshein, President, National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey
Technology Division (NJABTU)

973-736-5785
jdegen16 at comcast.net
To subscribe to the National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey
Technology Tech Division listserv click on the link below
http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/listinfo/njtechdiv_nfbnet.org
--

Warmly,
Linda Melendez, President
Email: president at nfbnj.org
*Website: **www.nfbnj.org* <http://www.nfbnj.org/>
*Facebook: **https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238*
<https://m.facebook.com/NFB-NJ-353099574776238>
*Twitter: **@NFBNewJersey* <https://twitter.com/nfbnewjersey>
*YouTube: **NFBNJTransformDreams*
<https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKEDbjGsCYHMlwd4gqpBPjg>

*Live the life you want.*
*The National Federation of the Blind of New Jersey is a community of
members and friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s
blind. Everyday we work together to help blind people live the lives they
want.*