[NFB_of_Georgia] At-large Chapter Fundraiser Event

Derrean Tucker derreantuci931 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 2 05:14:58 UTC 2021

The national Federation of the blind's ATLARGE Chapter is hosting a
fundraiser event. We invite you to join us in a game of COMPOUND! .

COMPOUND is a game that consists of a compound word. The players have 3
minutes to make as many new words as they can using the letters within the
compound word. Words that the players make, using the letters within the
word given, cannot be anyone's name, a company or organization's name, or a
slang term. For instance if players are given the word stock market, they
cannot gain credit/ points for names like Sam, Kate, or T - Market because
they are people's names or either a company's name and not standard
definition based English words. The last and final rule, players cannot use
letters that are not given in the compound word nor can they use a letter
more than the times that they are given. For an example the word debit card
has only one B, therefore, a person will not gain credit/ points  for
spelling the word rabbit.
Player's Admissions. ( below )
Note:  The deadline date for admissions will be April the 10th. We will
announce the official date of the event on April 3rd!

$10 for a single player'

$20 for a team of 2'

$25 for a team of 3

Payment info: Cashap to our Chapter's president, Nata Watkins, at phone#
.7705843953

TEAMS CAN ONLY BE composed of 2 to 3 people. ( no more than 3 people CAN BE
IN a TEAM )
Additional Rules For Teams!

• The teams that enter must provide their  team captain''s name and contact
info after paying admission.

• teams can only have their team captain submittt word's within the
competition.

• team members are allowed to give words to their captain at the start of
the timer.
How will this game be orchestrated? ( see below )

We will have a host/ co - host who will explain the game of compound and
it's rules to the player, the players responsibilities, and give additional
instructions on how players/ teams should submit their words. Our compound
words will come from a non - participant. At the end of the session we will
have a member of the Fundraiser Committee count the words and calculate the
points of the participants. Once we receive your contact info, we will send
you a zoom link with the date of the event. Make sure that on the zoom link
you do not call in over internet but dial in by phone with your team
members in a conference call on your mobile device. The goal is to get as
many words down as possible within 3 minutes. The player/ team with the
most points will win a prize of $400
By all means, spread the word and invite your friends and family!!

If you have any questions or need information about how you can join
contact Renee Parks, the treasurer of the Atlarge Chapter's Fundraiser
Committee..
Phone: .4044263618
Email: choc1015 at yahoo.com