[NFB_of_Georgia] Fraudulent Emails Going Around - Please Read!

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Mon Nov 1 21:31:06 UTC 2021

Hello NFB of Georgia Members, Once again the email bandit is sending out an
email that says it is from Dorothy (me).  They are asking you to do me a
favor or asking you to purchase gift cards (visa, amazon etc.) and I will
reimburse you.  Please share with everyone in this affiliate, friends and
family that may not be connected with the Georgia listserv, to not answer
the emails.  Please delete them and let me know what email they are using.

Please know that I would never email you to ask you to do me a favor and
especially not to ask you to purchase anything for me for reimbursement.
If I were to need a favor I would pick up the phone and call you, although
it would not be a monetary request.  I have made a report to the, GBI
Crimes Against Disabled Adults and Elderly (CADE) Task Force.

Due to us having new members joining our chapters and division I am asking
all chapter and division presidents to please make your members aware of
this issue and inform them to report the email address of the
fictitious email and to delete it immediately from emails, spam or trash.

Thank you so much and if you have any questions please feel free to give me
a call.

Respectfully,
dgriffin at nfbga.org
O.  404-632-5989