[NFB_of_Georgia] {Disarmed} Fwd: Double Your Dollars on White Cane Awareness Day

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Fri Oct 15 14:35:47 UTC 2021

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: National Federation of the Blind <outreach at nfb.org>
Date: Fri, Oct 15, 2021 at 7:31 AM
Subject: Double Your Dollars on White Cane Awareness Day
To: Dorothy Griffin <dgriffin at nfbga.org>

[image: National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life you
want] <http://nfb.org>
*The Long White Cane—An Essential Tool of Freedom for the Blind*

The National Federation of the Blind celebrates freedom, independence, and
achievement on White Cane Awareness Day
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23274&qid=6133216> each October 15.
This year, you can double your dollars when you contribute to the National
Federation of the Blind, thanks to a generous supporter who is matching
gifts up to $50,000 during the month of October.

The long white cane helps blind people navigate as confident and equitable
participants in their communities. Here’s what one of our members shared
about learning to use a white cane from fellow members of the National
Federation of the Blind:

*A Federationist put a long white cane in my hand for the first time and
taught me how to use it. Federationists showed me that independent air
travel is not only possible but easy. Federationists helped give me the
confidence to move, alone, across the country to Maryland, and helped me
get my first federal job.*

Your support helps us distribute thousands of free white canes to blind
people every year. Please continue to contribute to canes and confidence
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23275&qid=6133216> on October 15.
Three Ways to Give

   - Give online at https://nfb.org/donate
   <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23276&qid=6133216>
   - Mail a check to National Federation of the Blind, 200 East Wells
   Street at Jernigan Place, Baltimore, MD 21230
   - Contribute by phone using a credit card by calling 410-659-9314,
   extension 2282

[image: collage of 12 blind professionals in business attire]
Learn More

White Cane Awareness Day is just one part of Blind Equality Achievement
Month. Throughout the month, our members conduct a variety of outreach
activities in their local communities. Learn more about Blind Equality
Achievement Month <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23277&qid=6133216>.
Thank you for helping us continue our important work to raise expectations
and turn dreams into reality.

[image: Facebook Logo]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23278&qid=6133216> [image: Twitter
Logo] <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23279&qid=6133216> [image:
Instagram Logo]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23280&qid=6133216> [image:
YouTube Logo] <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23281&qid=6133216> [image:
Email Icon Image]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23282&qid=6133216> [image:
Donate to the NFB Icon.]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=23276&qid=6133216>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
| 410-659-9314
Unsubscribe
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=17874&qid=6133216&h=3b414717df5df104>
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/optout?reset=1&jid=17874&qid=6133216&h=3b414717df5df104>