[NFB_of_Georgia] Fwd: [Nfbnet-members-list] BLIND, Inc. Summer 2022 Job Opportunities

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Mon Feb 7 15:52:19 UTC 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Michell Gip via NFBNet-Members-List <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>
Date: Sat, Feb 5, 2022 at 8:23 AM
Subject: [Nfbnet-members-list] BLIND, Inc. Summer 2022 Job Opportunities
To: <nfbnet-members-list at nfbnet.org>

Blindness: Learning In New Dimensions (BLIND), Inc. Summer 2022 Job
Opportunities

PREP Counselor: May 31 - August 5
Buddy Counselor: August 1 - August 24

We at BLIND, Incorporated are seeking dynamic, enthusiastic individuals to
work as counselors in our PREP and Buddy Program. Our PREP Program serves
students 14 to 21. In the Buddy Program, students range from 9 to 13 years
of age.  Applicants must be able to serve as role models as well as
understand and share our positive philosophy regarding blindness. These
individuals must be skilled in the non-visual alternative techniques of
blindness that we teach at our training center. While being a graduate of
an National Federation of the Blind (NFB) training center is not a
requirement, one should have the same level of skill, self-confidence, and
independence that we expect from our graduates.

The most qualified applicants possess the following skill set:
•  Aspirations to work with children/teenagers
• Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers and supervisors
• Willingness to work as part of a team
• Willingness and ability to teach students of all levels and backgrounds
• Proficiency in using word processing, spreadsheets, the internet, and
email using either the JAWS, Voiceover, or NVDA screen readers
• Ability to write clear and concise reports on student progress
• Ability to read and write Braille

Note: All applicants must pass a background check.

For more information, contact Michell Gip, Youth Services Coordinator at
612-872-0100 ext. 231 or email a cover letter and resume to
mgip at blindinc.org.

Michell Gip, MAT, NCUEB, NOMCT
Youth Services Coordinator
Blindness: Learning In New Dimensions (BLIND), Inc.
100 East 22nd St.
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/100+East+22nd+St.+Minneapolis,+MN.+55404?entry=gmail&source=g>

Minneapolis, MN. 55404
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/100+East+22nd+St.+Minneapolis,+MN.+55404?entry=gmail&source=g>