[NFB_of_Georgia] Fwd: Let's Push for Answers on At-home COVID-19 Tests

Dorothy Griffin dgriffin at nfbga.org
Fri Jan 7 00:49:28 UTC 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: National Federation of the Blind <webmaster at nfb.org>
Date: Thu, Jan 6, 2022 at 5:00 PM
Subject: Let's Push for Answers on At-home COVID-19 Tests
To: Dorothy Griffin <dgriffin at nfbga.org>

[image: National Federation of the Blind logo and tagline live the life you
want] <http://nfb.org>
Member Request—Help Push for Answers Regarding At-home COVID-19 Tests

The Biden administration announced that it will be distributing free
at-home COVID-19 tests to households in the United States. We have
communicated with the administration to ensure that the tests they are
sending out are accessible for blind people to administer without
assistance. However, our attempts to connect have not been answered. It is
critical that these tests be accessible nonvisually as more and more
in-person testing locations are declining to test walk-ins and healthcare
facilities are in crisis mode.

This email is a request to tweet at President Biden (@POTUS) so the
nation’s blind can get some answers.
Background

On January 3, 2022, President Riccobono wrote a letter to President Biden
regarding our concerns about the accessibility of at-home COVID tests. He
reminded the president that the blind have already faced many barriers
during the pandemic, including inaccessible websites and drive-through-only
testing sites, and these experiences reinforce the urgency of the
administration to address accessibility now. President Riccobono stated
that the National Federation of the Blind stands ready to collaborate with
the Biden administration to ensure equal access for all Americans. We are
eager to serve as the vehicle for blind people to get accurate and
up-to-date information from the administration regarding COVID-19 and other
home healthcare needs.
How You Can Help

Twitter is a social media platform that provides a public opportunity to
demand that the Biden administration put accessible systems in place for
test distribution and work with us and test manufacturers to make the tests
accessible. Here are some ways to help:

Tweet to President Biden, @POTUS and let him know that accessible COVID-19
at-home tests are vital for blind people.

   - Share your concerns about the impact this will have and include the
   hashtag #COVID19 in your posts. (There is no hyphen in the hashtag.)
   - Follow and share posts from the National Federation of the Blind,
   @NFB_voice

Sample tweet:

Blind people have faced barriers during the pandemic such as inaccessible
websites for testing and vaccines. I urge @POTUS to address accessibility
issues to the at-home #COVID19 tests promised to the nation by responding
to @Riccobono’s letter from January 3.

A twitter account will be needed to engage with this digital public push
for answers. To learn more about Twitter, review our General Twitter Tips
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24208&qid=6685335>.
Additional Resources:

President Riccobono's letter from January 3
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24209&qid=6685335>

Thank you for your support and commitment. Learn more about our advocacy
program <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24210&qid=6685335>.

[image: Facebook Logo]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24211&qid=6685335> [image: Twitter
Logo] <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24212&qid=6685335> [image:
Instagram Logo]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24213&qid=6685335> [image:
YouTube Logo] <https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24214&qid=6685335> [image:
Email Icon Image]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24215&qid=6685335> [image:
Donate to the NFB Icon.]
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/url?u=24216&qid=6685335>
National Federation of the Blind | 200 E Wells Street | Baltimore, MD 21230
<https://www.google.com/maps/search/200+E+Wells+Street+%7C+Baltimore,+MD+21230?entry=gmail&source=g>
| 410-659-9314
Unsubscribe
<https://nfb.org/civicrm/mailing/unsubscribe?reset=1&jid=18440&qid=6685335&h=c0ddb00e62db923f>