[NFB_of_Georgia] Sad News About The Georgia Braille Literacy Bill

Armando Vias armando at armandovias.com
Thu Mar 17 14:14:19 UTC 2022

Hello all,

I have some sad news about the Georgia Braille Literacy Bill.

It did not make it over. We cannot give up.

This is disappointing, but we cannot give up. We need students at the Academy to learn braille, and we will continue to push for legislation to require students to learn braille no matter what.

The great news is that the Commission for the Blind Bill, SB108, has been passed in the Senate, according to OpenStates.

I still encourage everyone to contact their representatives by visiting https://openstates.org/ga/legislators <https://openstates.org/ga/legislators>, pushing for the passage of the Commission For The Blind Bill.

I hope that SB108 passes the House.

Sincerely,
Armando Vias

--