[NFB_of_Georgia] Congratulation & the winner is: Jingle Braille Rock (Bringing Awareness to Braille & the Blind Community)

Ruth Falligan ruthfalligan at att.net
Sat Nov 19 20:06:55 UTC 2022

 Congratulations creative people. The tree sound marvelous Gwinnett Family Chapter.
Al and Ruth
    On Saturday, November 19, 2022 at 12:36:21 PM EST, JoAnn JohnsonJoAnn Johnson via NFB_of_Georgia <nfb_of_georgia at nfbnet.org> wrote:

Hello Everyone,

This is an update, remember I posted an announcement that the Gwinnett Family Chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Georgia was entering a  Christmas Tree at the 2022 Georgia Festival of Trees?

Well, we have good news and would like to invite everyone out to view our winning Christmas Tree, our Jingle Braille Rock Christmas Tree was awarded the Most Creative Christmas Tree at the 2022 Georgia Festival of Trees among hundreds of other trees at the opening preview party ceremony of trees attended by Jenifer and myself on last night, Friday evening, November 18, 2022.  This evening event was the judging of 2  categories of Christmas Trees, the Best In Show and the Most Creative which congratulations go out to the following chapter members who purchased items and decorated the beautiful Christmas Tree we named Jingle Braille Rock , designers, Jo Ann, Kimberly, Shannon, Jenifer, Eleanor and helpers Stephanie and Joel.  We also want to especially thank our family and friends for their donation of items to decorate the tree.

This tree brings awareness to braille and the blind community and we all should be proud.

Our Jingle Braille Rock Christmas Tree is a  4-foot beautiful Everglades white Christmas Tree with a hidden Motion Sensor Activated recorder that plays Jingle Bell Rock as you stroll pass the tree.  The tree Features Braille A to Z Alphabet wooden tiles with corresponding Braille symbols and examples of braille words written on a  few ornaments.  The Jingle Braille Tree is to symbolize how BRAILLE is LITERACY for the blind as PRINT is for the sighted and is written on the tree skirt of the tree.  The tree comes to life with the holiday spirit with sparkling lights, all its ornaments of vibrant reds, twilight golds,  glittering silvers,  rich wooden tones, soft velvets and little musical instruments throughout the tree to create the sounds of jingle and rock music as cute little blind children with their white canes dance merrily around the Christmas Tree.  Just ordinary people, living life every day.

The Gwinnett Family Chapter of NFB of Georgia would like to invite everyone to come out and view our Jingle Braille Rock Christmas Tree with its award-winning ribbon that will be enjoyed by over 25,000 guests over this five-day event attending the Georgia Festival of Trees held at the Georgia World Congress Center from November 19-27, 2022 excluding some days for the Thanksgiving Holiday.

The Georgia Festival of Trees includes something for everyone!  This special experience is fun for all ages and includes a forest of fully-decorated Christmas trees, children’s activities, live entertainment, boutique gift shops, sugar cookie decorating, a Christmas Gingerbread competition…and so much more!

NOTE: SENIOR DAY-All Seniors (ages 62+) are invited to attend the festival free of charge courtesy of Wellcare. This ticket is good for entry ONLY on Tuesday, November 22, 2022.

Everyone will need a  ticket to enter even if you are a  Senior, so for tickets and more information on the Georgia Festival of Trees, visit: gafestivaloftrees.org

Also, each ticket admission will give you a  chance to vote on the category: The People’s Choice.

Again,  CONGRATULATION TO US!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

Jo Ann Johnson, President

Gwinnett Family Chapter

Phone:  (678) 451-3975

E-mail:  joann369 at bellsouth.net

Chapter Website:  www.nfbga.org/gwinnett-family-chapter/

To unsubscribe, change your list options or get your account info for NFB_of_Georgia:
http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nfb_of_georgia_nfbnet.org/ruthfalligan%40att.net