[NFB_of_Georgia] Help us to support the NFB of Georgia BELL Academy 2023

plewis at nfbga.org plewis at nfbga.org
Fri Apr 14 18:21:31 UTC 2023

Good Afternoon

The Georgia affiliate board would like to ask you to help us provide the
blind children of Georgia with a great summer camp by sending out this email
to all that cannot receive this message.

We are asking that you help us to fund the Georgia Braille Enrichment for
Literacy and Learning (BELL) academy that will be held in the summer of 2023
in Atlanta Georgia. This is a great WAY TO SUPPORT The National Federation
of the Blind of Georgia in our work to reverse the missteps that has created
an illiteracy epidemic among blind people in the state of Georgia.

The NFB of Georgia provides educational programming for blind youth, such as
the BELL (Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning) Academy. This
program delivers Braille education to blind students, ages four to twelve
through hands-on activities designed to increase students' facility with
Braille and nonvisual techniques. In addition, as part of the program, we
host a parent seminar which provide hands on experience/instruction in
strategies to support their child in the learning and use of Braille and
other nonvisual skills. This year in Georgia, our goal is to provide both
in-person program as well as access to the in-home program. Our in-person
program will be held in the summer of 2023.

Securing funding for the NFB BELL Academy for blind children of our state is
one of our top priorities, and I hope that we can count on you to make this
goal a reality.  You may support our BELL program by donating using our
Georgia BELL academy go fund me account.

 <https://gofund.me/d6cddab0> Georgia BELL Academy 2023, organized by
National Federation Of The Blind Of Georgia BELL Program

 <https://gofund.me/d6cddab0> gofund.me

You may also donate using the National Federation of the Blind of Georgia
ZELL account by sending to Nata Watkins, nwatkins at nfbga.org
<mailto:nwatkins at nfbga.org>  or by entering the telephone number
770-584-3953.

We thank you in advance for supporting our BELL program.

Respectfully

Patrice Lewis

NFBGA, 2nd Vice President

PH: 678-756-3757