[NFBA-Phoenix] FW: National Federation of the Blind Senior Division October meeting

Rachel Kuntz rkuntz at saavi.us
Fri Oct 13 01:16:29 UTC 2023

Please read the note below.
From: Kimberly Fetterman <kfetterman at saavi.us<mailto:kfetterman at saavi.us>>
Sent: Wednesday, October 11, 2023 6:39 PM
To: Rachel Kuntz <rkuntz at saavi.us<mailto:rkuntz at saavi.us>>
Subject: FW: National Federation of the Blind Senior Division October meeting

Hello! Please join us for our monthly National Federation of the Blind Senior Division meeting.  Scroll down to find the Zoom link.
The meetings will be held on the 2nd Thursday of the month at 6:00 PM.

Senior Division: Agenda:
12 October2023

Opening introductions and call to order- President Sanchez
Minutes- Secretary Kimberly Fetterman
Treasurers report- Donna Silba
Our member to member calling tree of life- Monica Nunez
Guest speaker, Debbie Gabe, president Honolulu chapter of the National Federation of the Blind of Hawaii; Healthy Living and the Food We Eat
Closing remarks and Adjourn

Last Months notes:
Sept. 23, 2023
National Federation of the Blind Senior Division

Attendees,
President: Eve Sanchez, Vice President: Sheryl Susunkewa, Secretary: Kimberly Fetterman, Treasurer: Donna Silva,
Board Member: Monica Nunez
Mark Feliz, Barbara Jones, Teresa Mullen,
Sammy McGinnis,
We will be holding our monthly meetings on the Second Thursday of the Month at 6:00 PM.

1.
Guest speakers we are interested in:

2.      Peggy Chong
The Blind History Lady.

3.      Debbie on Nutrition (President of Honolulu division)

4.      Debbie Chatfield on her trips and hiking the Grand Canyon.

5.      Highlighting one of our members. Eve can create an application.

6.      Discussions on living a fulfilling live as a blind Senior.

7.      Getting ILB involved in February  for a mini workshop possibly at VR's office.

8.      Making greeting cards. 3 dimensional cards/embossed cards.
Kimberly Fetterman shared minutes from our first meeting. We currently have 20 paid members.
Donna Silva's report: Donna provided and update of the chapter account balance and the total dues paid.
You can pay your membership dues by cash at an in person meeting, Zell as long as you use Donna's email and not her phone number or PayPal.  PayPal would need to be paid at Arizona's NFB's website and indicate the dues is for the Senior division.
Donnas email address is dsilba at cox.net<mailto:dsilba at cox.net> Phone number  is 602 354 3134

Membership dues is 3.00 a year.

9.      Monica Nunez discussed a calling tree.

10.      Sheryl Susunkewa
Ice breaker

11.       Eve Sanchez Philosophy discussion. How do we communicate with others on how to treat us and setting boundaries.

Topic: October Senior Division meeting National Federation of the Blind of Arizona
Time: Oct 12, 2023 06:00 PM Arizona

Join Zoom Meeting
https://us06web.zoom.us/j/89713418484?pwd=mNEkbVqMZcOPCb2fUQSrnEkpJXDUvl.1

Meeting ID: 897 1341 8484
Passcode: 952524

---

One tap mobile
+12532050468,,89713418484#,,,,*952524# US
+12532158782,,89713418484#,,,,*952524# US (Tacoma)

---

Dial by your location
* +1 253 205 0468 US

Kimberly Fetterman, ILB Program