[NFBAZ-EastValleyChapter] ATTENTION: Regional Bus Stop Survey

Megan Homrighausen megan.homrighausen at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 9 02:48:23 UTC 2016

Dear East Valley,

Please take a moment before December 23rd 2016 to complete the Regional Bus Stop Survey.

Our insight into transportation is crucial in helping Valley Metro make transit more accessible.

The survey along with the following information can be found on the Valley Metro website: www.valleymetro.org

Explanation Of Survey

Valley Metro and the Maricopa Association of Governments are conducting an assessment of Valley Metro transit stops to update information maintained for each transit stop in the Regional Transit Stop Database on valleymetro.org.

The database provides a system map with photos and descriptive elements of physical features and amenities located at each transit stop.

This project will build upon the existing database by collecting specific information on accessibility of each location. Valley Metro will update and expand the following information for each transit stop:

1. Extent to which the stop meets the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), including whether or not there is an accessible path between the transit stop and the closest street intersection, the width and slope of the accessible path of travel, the size of customer waiting areas, and the presence and condition of curb cuts.
2. Extent to which shade is available for customers, including customers using mobility devices.
3. Measurement of the clearance around any fixed objects, including seating areas, refuse bins, or other pieces of furniture.
4. Extent to which signage meets ADA requirements as well as the functional needs of people with disabilities, including people experiencing vision loss.
Please visit: Regional Bus Stop Survey to complete the survey.
Thank you.

|    |
Regional Bus Stop Survey
 Web survey powered by SurveyMonkey.com. Create your own online survey now with SurveyMonkey's expert certifi...  |  |

 Sincerely,

Megan Homrighausen
East Valley Chapter President
National Federation Of The Blind Of Arizona
480-510-6196

National Federation Of The Blind Principles -Dan Frye

1. Itis respectable to be blind. It’s okay to be blind. Being blind issomething that we need not feel troubled or embarrassed about, concerned aboutor emotionally exhausted over. It’s okay to be blind.
2. The real problem of blindness is not the absence of vision but isthe social misconceptions and stereotypes that exist about blindness. It is not the physical absence of eye sight but it is what society has come tobelieve about our blindness. We reject the misconceptions that society has andwe accept that the physical absence of our sight is not the big problem.
3. With proper training and opportunity the average blind person cando the average job in the average place of work.
4. Blindnessis simply one of many human characteristics, like being tall or being short,being big or small, being bright or average. Blindness is simply one of many
characteristics.
5. Blindnesscan be reduced to the level of an inconvenience or physical nuisance.
6. Webelieve in the effectiveness of alternative non visual techniques.
7. Ifwe want equal rights we need to accept equal responsibility.