[NFBAZ-EastValleyChapter] Fw: Canceled: VMAAG (Valley Metro Accessibility Advisory Group)

Megan Homrighausen megan.homrighausen at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 21 20:25:27 UTC 2017

Dear East Valley,
As you requested I will do my very best to keep you up to date on transit issues. I wanted to let you know that the VMAAG Meeting that was scheduled for this Thursday is canceled. I am not exactly sure why but will let you know as soon as I find out more information.

Please do not schedule rides to go to this meeting on Thursday if you were planning to do so.
Thank you.
 Sincerely,

Megan Homrighausen
East Valley Chapter President
National Federation Of The Blind Of Arizona
480-510-6196

National Federation Of The Blind Principles

1. Itis respectable to be blind. It’s okay to be blind. Being blind issomething that we need not feel troubled or embarrassed about, concerned aboutor emotionally exhausted over. It’s okay to be blind.
2. The real problem of blindness is not the absence of vision but isthe social misconceptions and stereotypes that exist about blindness. It is not the physical absence of eye sight but it is what society has come tobelieve about our blindness. We reject the misconceptions that society has andwe accept that the physical absence of our sight is not the big problem.
3. With proper training and opportunity the average blind person cando the average job in the average place of work.
4. Blindnessis simply one of many human characteristics, like being tall or being short,being big or small, being bright or average. Blindness is simply one of many
characteristics.
5. Blindnesscan be reduced to the level of an inconvenience or physical nuisance.
6. Webelieve in the effectiveness of alternative non visual techniques.
7. Ifwe want equal rights we need to accept equal responsibility.