[NFBAZ-EastValleyChapter] October's Presidential Release highlights

Tony Sohl tonysohl at samobile.net
Fri Oct 1 17:31:36 UTC 2021

Presidential Release
Date: October 1, 2021

The Louisiana Center for the blind is celebrating 36 years. Blind
equality achievement month kicked off today! The Paraolympics was
mentioned and there were 37 atholetes who participated in the event
from the United States. California has started to phase out subminimum
wages and Gavin Newsom signed the bill into law on September 27, 2021.
Other states are getting rid of this law to.

When you make a donation to the nfb it will be matched! If you can make
a donation, visit:
http://www.nfb.org/donate

The NFB employment committee was mentioned and some of the topics include:
How to write a good resume.
How to write a cover letter.
How to do an interview.
When to disclose when you are blind.
Networking.

The Washington seminar was mentioned and more information will be
coming in December. The Independence Market website still has some bugs
and it's not online yet. You can still call the Independence market  to
place orders at:
410-659-9314

The next presidential release will be on November 1, 2021 at 5:00 PM
Arizona time.

characteristic that defines  you or your future.
Every day we raise the expectations of blind people because low
expectations create obstacles  between blind people and our dreams.
You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Tony /Sohl
First vice President
National Federation of the Blind of Arizona
East Valley Chapter
Phone: 602-552-3003
Email: tonysohl at samobile.net