[NFBAZ-EastValleyChapter] Bus Service Cancellations

Esoteric Quality eqmusicofficial at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 10:01:15 UTC 2022

My name is Clayton Jacobs. I am a blind regular Valley Metro rider. As someone who needs bus access, the cancellation of bus routes disparately impacts blind riders and our freedom to travel. Many bus routes, including key routes like the 61, are being cancelled without much notice, except for Google Maps. In an area with a super hot real estate market, several fortune 500 companies, and other businesses and consumers contributing to the economy, denying or cutting bus access impedes our mobility and economic interests. The NFB needs to address this, and I have put both the East Valley Chapter's email address alongside Valley Metro's email. We deserve nothing less than consistent, reliable, 24/7 bus access. No cancellations, no cuts, and a bus system that goes into all areas of the metropolis, instead of bus service being spotty or inconsistent in highly affluent neighborhoods.

Clayton Jacobs

Sent from my iPhone