[NFBAZ-EastValleyChapter] message from President Porterfield reference affiliate Board meeting

Mark Feliz mafeliz0641 at gmail.com
Fri Feb 9 20:22:52 UTC 2024

In the event that some of you may not receive affiliate mailings here
is a note from President Porterfield:

Greetings,

The next quarterly board meeting for the National Federation of the
Blind of Arizona is this Saturday, February, 10, 2024. Due to
unexpected circumstances, this meeting will be a virtual only meeting.
The Zoom information is below.

Zoom and meeting protocols:

Please make sure you are muted if you are not talking. If you want to
talk, please raise your hand, or call out your name – please wait to
be recognized before you start talking. Too much background noise will
result in everyone being muted.

Please remember this is a board meeting, and board members will be
called upon first for their input and discuss the issue, after board
discussion other members in attendance will be given an opportunity to
give their input.

Even in disagreement we need to be respectful and not interrupt others.

National Federation of the Blind of Arizona

Quarterly Board Meeting

February 10, 2024

Agenda

Call to order and Roll call
Board Members
Guests

Pledges
Pledge of Allegiance
NFB Pledge

Pledge:

I pledge to participate actively in the efforts of the National
Federation of the Blind to achieve equality, opportunity, and security
for the blind; to support the policies and programs of the Federation
and to abide by its Constitution.

One Minute Message:

expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams. You can live the life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

Secretary’s Report – Sharonda Goode

Treasurer’s Report – Donna Silba

Philosophy

Legislative Report –

Phoenix Seminar

Washington Seminar

State Convention

What’s Going on in the Federation

Chapters and Divisions:

Phoenix – Jordan Moon/Michael Smith

East Valley – Mark Feliz

Tucson – Tarik Williams

Seniors

Students

Merchants

Committees:

Fundraising

Education

Parents

Technology

Transportation

Adjourn

Regards,

Donald

Donald Porterfield is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.

Topic: National Federation of the Blind of Arizona - Quarterly Board
Meeting 2/10/24

Time: Feb 10, 2024 09:30 AM Arizona

Join Zoom Meeting

https://nfb-org.zoom.us/j/91424582188

Meeting ID: 914 2458 2188

---

One tap mobile

+16699006833,,91424582188# US (San Jose)

+17193594580,,91424582188# US

---

Dial by your location

• +1 669 900 6833 US (San Jose)

• +1 719 359 4580 US

• +1 253 205 0468 US

• +1 253 215 8782 US (Tacoma)

• +1 346 248 7799 US (Houston)

• +1 408 638 0968 US (San Jose)

• +1 669 444 9171 US

• +1 507 473 4847 US

• +1 564 217 2000 US

• +1 646 876 9923 US (New York)

• +1 646 931 3860 US

• +1 689 278 1000 US

• +1 301 715 8592 US (Washington DC)

• +1 305 224 1968 US

• +1 309 205 3325 US

• +1 312 626 6799 US (Chicago)

• +1 360 209 5623 US

• +1 386 347 5053 US

Meeting ID: 914 2458 2188

Find your local number: https://nfb-org.zoom.us/u/aq5flLccJ

Donald Porterfield, Esq.

President

National Federation of the Blind of Arizona

http://www.az.nfb.org

nfb.az.president at gmail.com

520-850-2180

The National Federation of the Blind is a community of members and
friends who believe in the hopes and dreams of the nation’s blind.
Every day we work together to help blind people live the lives they
want.