[Nfbaz-talk] Seeking Photos & Performing Artists

D.W. Hill dwhill at epix.net
Sun Nov 9 05:19:05 UTC 2008

***

Now that the election is behind us and autumn is in full swing, NFB's
Performing Arts Division would like to ask for your help with two
projects.  First, we're seeking high quality, candid photos (JPEG) of
young blind entertainers (amateurs or professionals) doing their
thing to use in brochures and the like.  Send them to PAD's Head of
Media Relations Donna Hill:

<mailto:dwhill at epix.net>dwhill at epix.net

Second, we strongly encourage all blind entertainers to participate
in our survey.  The blurb is below.  The link, if you just want to go
check it out is:
<http://www.padnfb.org/perform..html>http://www.padnfb.org/perform..html
Thanks for your help, Donna

***

Do you know that there hasn't been a new blind, American superstar
since Stevie Wonder & Jose Feliciano?  And, if asked to name famous
blind women, most of us can only think of Helen Keller, who died over
fifty years ago.  .  Since a strong media presence is helping other
minorities, the nonprofit Performing Arts Division (PAD) of the
National Federation of the Blind (NFB), seeks to assist blind people
pursuing performing arts related goals.  We want to learn more about
the experiences of blind and visually impaired entertainers.

Who should participate in the survey? Anyone who is blind or has a
severe visual impairment who has ever sought to develop their
performing arts skills as an amateur or professional. This includes
musicians, actors, comedians, dancers, broadcasters, sound engineers
and the like. Whether or not you are a member of PAD of the NFB,
whether or not you have been successful, whether or not you are still
pursuing your art, we want to hear your experiences and thoughts.

PAD offers scholarships to blind students majoring in the performing
arts, funded through the sale of "Sound in Sight" a cross-genre
compilation of eighteen tracks donated by blind recording artists.

Help us better serve America's blind entertainers.  New blind stars
will rise and shed light on issues affecting all blind Americans,
such as seventy percent unemployment and only ten percent Braille
literacy among blind kids.

Take the survey at

<http://www.padnfb.org/perform..html>http://www.padnfb.org/perform..html

or download a Word Doc at:

<http://www.padnfb.org>www.padnfb.org

and send to me at:

  <mailto:dwhill at epix.net>dwhill at epix.net

Let me know, if you would prefer that a Word Doc be sent to you via e mail.

Thanks,

Donna Hill, Head of Media Relations

Performing Arts Division, National Federation of the Blind

570-833-2708

<mailto:dwhill at epix.net>dwhill at epix.net

--
For my bio & to hear clips from The Last Straw:
<http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill>http://cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes

phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374

Performing Arts Division of the National Federation of the Blind
<http://www.padnfb.org>www.padnfb.org