[Nfbaz-talk] Anyone Have Experience with Hiring Drivers?

Allison (NFBA) nfbarizona at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 20:11:32 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have some questions for folks who have hired their own drivers.  You may
write me on or off-list if you think you can answer my questions.  E-mail is
nfbarizona at gmail.com.

===

Questions:

Hi all,

I hope this is considered on-topic.  I wasn't sure which NFBnet list would
be best for my questions.  I'm going to hire a driver for work and need
some advice from those who have experience in that area.  I would be
grateful if you'd take the time and answer all or some of the below
questions.

1. How much do you pay your driver?
2. Do you pay by the hour, trip, something else?
3. Do you reimburse gas costs? If so, how much?
4. If you're in a meeting and need a ride to and from, do you pay your
driver for the time you're in the meeting?
5. What questions do you recommend I ask when interviewing a potential
driver?
6. If you're schedule is varied and you can't guarantee how often you will
need your driver each week, how do you approach this during the interview
process?
7. If you advertise online or through another sort of ad, how do you try to
insure your safety, in other words, do you  check on the person's
background?

Replies are appreciated either on or off list.  Thanks in advance for your
help!

Allison